Wednesday, June 4, 2008

I Made it to Uganda...finally

After many problems I have made it to Uganda. I got here this morning at about 7:30. Our plane in New York was delayed due to engine problem which would have caused us to miss our flight in Brussels to Entebbe, Uganda. So we ended up staying in New York for 2 days after not being able to get into a hotel after 12 hours of arriving in New York. We were pushed around and had to complain American Airlines which I absolutely will never fly again. We received vouchers and the hotel had a problem with this and that we didnt have the right amount of hotel rooms or enough nights. I am so sick of traveling. I did not think I was ever going to get here but I am happy to be here. We helped transport bricks today and I went for my first time to get water. I also wondered what it was like to have to walks to get water. I helped a girl named Victo and carried water on my head for a few minutes but she was much stronger and capable only being a 12 year old. I was lucky enough to talk to a lot of the children and I learned how to say a few things! I really cant believe I'm finally here. I am so exhausted and I cant wait for my first night of sleep in a few days! I will write more later.... since I am so tired and hungry I will be more descriptive later.
JJP

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I MISS YOU SO MUCH!
you have no idea how jelous i am that you are there without me. Everyone i tell that my sister is in africa they go "say what"? haha and i tell them why your there and they all go "aww" so i hope you know alot of my friends wish they could be as kool as you too. i love you and miss you more than anyone does ;]

<3your fave sis
kaseyyyxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxox